YouTube - The Crow on The Cradle
A friend of mine sent me the following by email today:
Thought you might find the following useful if any candidates visit you:
1. What is in your manifesto concerning the State Pension? – we receive amongst the lowest state pensions in Europe and are well below the national poverty level of £165. 00 per week.
2. What is in your manifesto about single sex wards in hospitals?
3. What is in your manifesto regarding free UK wide travel on all forms of public transport (buses, trams, and rail) for OAPs, to encourage independence and greater mobility, as well as helping the environment and reducing demand on care services?
4. Why are we still sending our soldiers to Afghanistan and Iraq when it is none of our business? The terrorist threat is here in England.
5. What is in your manifesto about getting rid of the regional assemblies?
6. What do you propose to do about the broken promises made by Gordon Brown and Tony Blair? –
Pensions in line with Europe;
No means testing for pensioners;
Further education for everyone;
More NHI dentists.
7. Tony Blair said in his election speech that he did not want to live in a country where people had to sell their homes for health care – where do you stand on that?
8. Where do you stand on MP's and councillors’ salaries, pensions and expenses?
I wouldn't have thought of asking many of those questions - I will now!